Monday 19 January 2015

Slow cooker recipes (1)

I have recently fallen back in love with my slow cooker. Infact i would go as far as to say im addicted to cooking with it.
I have recently joined a group on facebook for slow cooker lovers to share their recipes, hints and tips.
This is quickly becoming a firm favourite in our house:


Donner kebab fakeaway


Ingredients
500g of lean mince (lamb is best but i do use beef)
1 teaspoon of salt
1.5 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
1.5 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of pepper
1 teaspoon of oregano
1 teaspoon of mixed herbs

Method
Mix mince and herbs together really well. I use my hand blender to make sure the mixture is smooth.
Roll into a loaf shape and place in foil that has been oiled slightly.
Make 3 sticks out of foil and place in slow cooker with a cup of water and place meat mixture of top.
Leave in slow cooker for 3-4  hours on high.
When finished slice thinly (I use my potato peeler) and serve in pittas with salad and sauce of your choice.


This goes down really well with Mr A and we have saved money not going to a take away.


Do you have any slow cooker recipes that you swear by?


2 comments:

  1. Just spotted this on my bloglovin' feed and had to click on it, im obbbbbsessed with my slow cooker!! I will never cook gammon in the oven again! Ive been meaning to try this and is actually on this weeks shopping list!
    I follow an amazing fb group and its full of slow cooker recipes!

    Leah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm obsessed by my slow cooker too! Definitely recommend trying this, so tasty!

      Jess
      Xoxo

      Delete